Europaallee Zone F, Zurich
The “Europaallee” project as a whole marks the creation of an urban quarter in a prime location close to Zurich central station, which is characterised by a high degree of urban development and ecological quality. The ground floor level will host a range of uses open to the public, including retail and restaurant businesses, as part of efforts to invigorate the new urban quarter in and around development zone F. The upper floors are earmarked for services and residential space. The high proportion of residential accommodation on the site will ensure that the urban quarter remains vibrant and alive well beyond working hours and shop opening times.
The buildings boast a highly differentiated architectonic expression courtesy of the differing uses of space throughout the various building sections. The façade sports natural stone slabs, lending the structures an elegance appropriate to their location and target group.
A second structure is to be created alongside a free-standing, 16-storey high-rise (ground floor with retail and restaurant space plus 15 residential storeys). Its four-storey base will support two residential towers with 6 and 9 floors respectively (172 residential units).
With a construction volume of approximately 180'000m³, “F” is the largest development zone in the “Europaallee”. The total surface area of the façade amounts to approximately 22,000 m².
The construction work is to be managed by Yuanda Europe in Basel and is scheduled to last from August 2017 until the end of 2018.
- Planning, production, delivery and assembly of approximately 22,000 m² of façade for: building F10 approximately 7,800 m² façade surface, building F 20 approximately 3,100 m² façade surface, building F 30 approximately 4,400 m² façade surface, base construction F 40 approximately 6,400 m²
- Thermally insulated modular suspended façade with triple glazing
- Elements also include natural stone cladding, glass blocks and electric Venetian blinds
- Glazed conservatory with glass blocks and sliding doors
- Post and rail façade at ground level including doors and Venetian blinds
- Smoke extraction and ventilation wings
|Boltshauser Architekten AG||PORR SUISSE AG|
|SBB CFF FFS Immobilien||2018|