Brent Civic Centre, London
This landmark Civic Centre building for Brent Council is located within the Wembley regeneration area, opposite Wembley Arena and Wembley Stadium. The new development will realise the Council's vision for a community building, consolidating their civic, public and administrative functions onto one site.
The Civic Centre comprises in part of a new multi-purpose community hall, which will accommodate theatre, concerts and large wedding receptions. The impressive foyer and atrium has been designed as a flexible space within which a large public staircase will become seating for "Wembley Live" performance events. Other facilities include a state-of-the-art library and a learning centre.
The building has recently been awarded the coveted BREEAM 'Outstanding' rating for the design stage assessment. When complete, key sustainable features will include a combination of solar shading, natural ventilation, high-performance façades and combined cooling, heating and power systems.
- Highly-insulated unitised curtain wall facades to office floor plates.
- Tensioned point fixed suspended glass facades enclosing the atria entrance.
- Structural silicone glazed facades to the staircores.
- Steel and glass stick systems with integral glass brise soleil to the front elevation.
- Insulated panel system with ribbon windows and timber fin mullions to the Civic Drum.
- Unitised double glazed facades with sound attenuating timber spandrels to atrium facades.
- Insulated panel system to plantrooms, incorporating louvre elements.
|Hopkins Architects||Skanska UK|
|Brent Council||December 2012|