Yuanda have had a presence in Europe both in the UK and Germany with Yuanda UK Co Ltd formed in 2003. Both subsidiaries have successfully completed several projects in the London and Frankfurt regions. However, the group wanted to strengthen their presence in Europe by acquiring the services of a substantial team of experienced facade professionals with extensive knowledge in the key European markets, and in particular design, engineering, management and execution of large complex commercial and residential projects. Yuanda Europe was formed in 2008 as a joint venture between Shenyang Aluminium Company (Yuanda) and European Directors and have now acquired Yuanda UK and registered subsidiary companies Yuanda France and Yuanda Italy and expect to acquire Yuanda Germany in 2012. Staff numbers have increased to 150 and Yuanda Europe have achieved ISO9001, 14001, 18001 certification.
With the HQ located in Basel Switzerland and a Central London office, Yuanda Europe have now been contracted to deliver several facade projects in the UK, France, Germany and Switzerland with a mixture of commercial office and residential buildings. The most prolific of these is the ‘Cheesegrater’,122 Leadenhall which is currently under construction and the now completed Sports Arena Almende in Lucerne.
The key strengths of Yuanda Europe are:
- Facade design and Engineering by a European based team of facade specialists all with previous European project experience with major European facade companies.
- Quality control in both Europe and China to conform to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards with production supervision from experienced European curtain wall production managers.
- European sales and pre-contract teams to assist in design development and cost planning.
- Fully experienced personnel for procurement and project installation all having experience in delivering well known European building facades.
- Cost effective facade solutions combining European system design with Chinese materials and fabrication.
All Yuanda Europe systems are transported to Europe in sea containers on specially designed stillages which can be easily unloaded on site and distributed around the floor plates. From this point on, standard installation methods are used with known European installation companies. All Yuanda Europe site logistics teams have a mixture of European and Chinese speaking staff to ensure effective communication between the factory and the installations teams with agreed processes to conform to our high quality standards.
Below is a chart explaining the company structure and market responsibilities.